Scale Tickets are used to establish weights, Grade Factor results, and Shrink/Dock units. Splits are determined by the Assembly Sheet.
Note: Scale Tickets require an Assembly Sheet only in the Grain module.
- Assembly Number – Manually or automatically applied. Select the ? to display Assembly/Bin information
- Location – Defaults from Assembly or can be manually selected
- Ticket Number – Manually or automatically applied
- Commodity – Defaults from Assembly or can be manually selected
- Ticket Date – Day grain was delivered
- Gross/Tare/Net Weights – Entered based on scale weights of trucks. Net Weight can auto-calculate if preference is turned on
- Net Weight = Gross Weight - Tare Weight
- Gross/Net Units – Calculated based on overall weights per Commodity weight per unit measure. Takes into account units shrunk or docked based on quality of grain.
- Customer(s) – Select from Farm/Field or Customer list
- Name/Share %/Contract/DPR – Defaults from Assembly Sheet selection
- Farm/Field ID – Used to track crop production. Can bring in Split arrangement.
- Defaults from Assembly or can be manually selected
- Reports are available by Farm/Field
- Lot Number – Used usually with seed beans, edible grains, etc.
- Base Price – Individual price either from Assembly or spotted on Scale Ticket
- Direct Ship – Check this option if grain is shipped to processor directly
- Grade Factors – Results and associated premium or Discounts/Shrink & Dock
- Comment – Can be typed or selected from saved Comments
- Freight Vendor/Charges – Apply Freight Charges to the Scale Ticket to pay the vendor and/or charge the customer for freight
- Bin – Use for Bin tracking and identification for the elevator
- BL/Car Number – Used as a reference typically to coincide with a shipment
- Details – Details if ticket is posted, who created the ticket, and time/date it was created
- Split Ticket – Split ticket between multiple Assembly Sheets by units, weights, or percent
- Calculate Shrink/Dock – Typically required to calculate the Shrink/Dock units and percentages
- Dock Adj %/Dock Adj Units – Additional dockage taken from Scale Ticket. Manually entered on ticket.
Grain Scale Ticket Process
Record all incoming Grain Units and Grain Direct Shipped to terminals.
- Navigate to Grain / Operations / Scale Tickets, and select Add, or choose the Add a Scale Ticket icon.
- On the Add a Scale Ticket window, enter the Assembly #, or double-click in the Assembly # area and select an Assembly Sheet to apply. A new Assembly Sheet can be created by selecting New Assembly Sheet.
Note: The Location, Commodity, and Base Price automatically populate based on the selected Assembly. Assembly split information displays in the grid on the right of the window showing Names, Splits, DPR Status, and Contract Number.
- Enter the Ticket # and optionally enter the Farm ID, Field ID, and Lot Num. Select the Direct Ship option if necessary.
Note: The Ticket Date defaults with the machine date. If edited, the new date populates the following tickets until the Add a Scale Ticket window is closed.
- Edit the Base Price if needed. Enter the Gross Weight and Tare Weight. The Net Weight calculates accordingly if the preference to Calculate Net Weight is selected at Grain / Setup / Preferences on the Purchases tab.
- In the Grade Factor area, enter all the necessary grade Results. Select Calculate Shrink and Dockage to update units.
Note: Gross Units, Dock Units, Shrink Units, Total Dock, Net Units, and Total Prem/Disc are calculated fields. Dockage % and Shrink % automatically populate from tables created at Grain / Setup / Dock Tables or Shrink Tables. These values may be entered manually.
- Comments may be added in the Comment area. Any saved comments can be selected by double-clicking in the Comment area. Double-clicking in the Bin area allows a saved bin to be selected.
- A freight vendor can be selected by double-clicking in the Freight Vendor area. Select the vendor and, if vendor charges are to be added, select Charges. At the Freight Charges window, choose Add Charge. Enter the Quantity and Rate. Select Apply and then Done.
- An additional identifying number can be entered in the BL/Car area.
- Select Save.