Mag-Filer is a tax reporting software which eliminates the need for pre-printed tax forms, allowing W-2s, W-3s, and recipient 1099s to be printed on plain paper. Data is exported from Agvance and then imported into Mag-Filer. Additionally, data from other programs may also be imported into Mag-Filer and combined with Agvance data. Only one Mag-Filer license is needed to process tax forms for businesses with multiple companies.
Mag-Filer matches Agvance’s functionality and adds benefits:
- Printing Recipient 1099 forms on white paper (no need to purchase preprinted forms)
- Email option for most 1099 forms
- E-Files 1099s under the IRS Combined Fed/State program
- Option to mask the recipient’s Social Security number on printed 1099 forms
- Prints W-2s and W-3s to laser created forms for black & white paper filing; no need to order SSA Copy A (Red forms)
- E-Files W-2 State information to states accepting the SSA EFW2 format to all U.S. states
- Creates the electronic files for 1099s and W-2s and guides to the government website for file submission
- Forms and reports can be saved as PDF files
- E-Files corrected returns for 1099s
- Creates Bulk TIN matching files to upload to the IRS
SSI partners with Mag-Filer for the filing of tax forms at no additional cost to our customers. SSI’s Customer Support Team provides Mag-Filer assistance. With the added benefits of this partnership with Mag-Filer, printing of 1099s and W-2s through Agvance is not supported.