Errors are occurring when sending documents using a company's existing mail service provider. To help address this situation as quickly as possible, SSI researched and tested a way to allow companies to use a bulk email service instead of their existing mail service provider. While it is possible other bulk email services may work, SSI researched and tested using SendGrid® which can be found at https://sendgrid.com/. This service has a charge based upon the number of emails to be sent.
SendGrid® Setup Instructions
After setting up a SendGrid® account, it is recommended to follow SendGrid®’s instructions for helping prevent emails from going to a customer’s Spam folder. The following link provides information regarding this setup: https://sendgrid.com/blog/10-tips-to-keep-email-out-of-the-spam-folder/#authenticate
Once the SendGrid® account has been established, enter the following information at Hub / Setup / Company Preferences on the General tab.
- Mail Host – Enter the mail host information. For SendGrid®, enter smtp.sendgrid.com.
- Set Port and select Use SSL.
- Mail Host Email
- Address – This is a combination of the credentialed user and the From email address separated by a Tab character.
- Password – For SendGrid®, enter the API key.
Note: The following documents are not available for emailing from Agvance using a Bulk Email Service:
- Agvance Reports – using Send Email when previewing
- AP PO approver emails
- Legacy Dispatch – completed job emails
- Purchase Orders – emailing to vendors
- AP ACH – email notifications to vendors
- Emails generated from AgvAgent for .pdf output
- Emails to energy drivers from Energy Work Order or call in option